The Ross County Commissioners established Huntington Township on March 5, 1811. The first settler was William Richie in a cabin on Ralston’s Run in 1800. The first elected officials, called Justices of Peace at that time, were David Murphy, Frederick Bishop, and Daniel Chestnut. The Methodist church on Bishop’s Hill is the oldest church in the township and was dedicated as Mount Olive Chapel. This church is still standing and holding services on Bishop Hill Road.